Bhairitu, I heard "they" raved over Anne Hathaway's accent in Becoming Jane,
the fic bio of Jane Austin.

On Monday, October 20, 2014 11:23 AM, "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I recall how everyone raved at Renee Zellweger's British accent in "Bridget
Jones Diary" but I thought it was horrible.  These days though it's possible
for American actors to have good foreign accents.  I think back in the day that
there was more demand for foreign actors to do American accents than for
American actors to do foreign accents.  But now there are good voice coaches
who can make an American sound like they're from across the pond.  In some
cases this is due to accent reduction courses for Americans wanting to work or
teach in other countries.  In our computer age a lot of the accent reduction
principles have been reduced to a short list to help anyone lose their accent
when needed.

I became familiar with this trying to help my tantra guru find
      some accent reduction courses and tutors in the SF Bay Area and
      they are plentiful here.