From: "curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2014 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: FFL Hating Turq and Belief in God is a form of
mental illness

--In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

For some unknown reason you used to put videos on youtube of your "performance"
which explains my impression. If you do no longer feel they are representative
that's Ok, we all move on. Are they still there or did you wisely delete them ?

M: I believe the video documentary short of my work done by CNN is up, is that
what you mean?

The point is that you don't know anything about what success I have had inIs
your business and I appreciate your listening to form one. My music needs to
satisfy me and the people who pay me to play it. I really don't care about
anyone who doesn't like it, that is none of my business. No artist pleases
everyone, that is the nature of the business and we are all entitled to our own
taste.

What I object to is your assumptive bullshit about how well I support myself
with my music. I am in the middle class here probably, just like you are in
your country. I am very proud that I achieved this for the last 8 years on my
music and musical education alone without a "day job" so common for people in
creative fields.

Your assumptions of what busking is or what buskers earn compared to club gigs
is based on complete ignorance. It isn't my job to educate you. I actually
prefer that people believe what you do about it. It keeps amateurs off my spot.
But after 20 years you might conclude that it is worth my time during tourist
season.

Nice reply. BTW, you know my ongoing fascination with my man Bruce Cockburn,
and may have noticed from posts of mine that he has a memoir coming out called
"Rumours Of Glory." I'm really looking forward to reading it, because Bruce has
that gift of being able to express himself as well when speaking or writing as
he does in his songs and his music.

So do you. I suspect you might like his book, too. Your lines above about
busking reminded me of one of the sections I'm most looking forward to reading,
the story of Bruce busking in Paris. He'd been to Berklee School of Music,
dropped out, and was trying to find his own artistic direction in life. So he
went to Paris, and played and sang on the streets. I'd say that his days of
busking worked out for him, just as yours have for you. Here's a song that may
have had its genesis during that period of sitting on the street corner
watching the boot heels shine:

Bruce Cockburn - 4 - One Day I Walk - High Winds White Sky (1971)

Bruce Cockburn - 4 - One Day I Walk - High Winds White ...
View on www.youtube.com Preview by Yahoo