On 10/26/2014 7:07 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
The new "rules and regs" began to be imposed upon American TM teachers in the mid-70s. That's the point at which TM residence courses began to be so structured as to leave no free time and from which as a participant you could actually be "sent home" for non-compliance.

/Face it - you just don't have the spiritual discipline to benefit from a mediation retreat, obviously - you don't seem to even be able to keep up a basic TM meditation program for 2 x 20. ///Go figure./

So, I wonder what would happen to Barry if on a Zen meditation retreat he ran across the street to get a beer at the bar? In a Bikram yoga course, lot's of people probably run across the street to get a cold ice cream cone, but only after they do all the yoga postures for an hour or two. //It's not complicated./

*From:* "Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:54 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: TM Scorpion Renegades

Wait a minute!! You mean the course structure you are describing was NOT the way it was done in the early days!?!?!

I started TM in 1974 and the structure you describe is exactly the way all of the residence courses were done that I ever took. I must say however that I enjoyed every single one of them except for one I did on John's Island (off the coast of South Carolina) a Catholic retreat center called the St. Christopher's Conference Center and I didn't enjoy it because it was taught by that goddamn Gene Spiegel, a transplanted Yankee who was in charge of what was then the Area Capitol of Atlanta. Talk about an abrasive, arrogant abusive son of a bitch. He is the reason my mother and step father quit doing TM.

Other than that I enjoyed all my residence courses, especially the ones at St. Ignatius House outside of Atlanta. That is the one the Movement got kicked out of after the Catholics got wind of the siddhis. Hee heee! But it was nice while it lasted. Enjoyed the residence courses MUCH more than I ever did any of the WPA's I did later after getting the siddhis.