 From: "dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 3, 2014 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] The More Proper Pronunciation of Maharishi

So
what.. “The
British Association for Southeast Asian Studies”! Yeah but, could you really
trust colonists to really understand what was
going on and then tell what happened.  Clearly Maharishi was SBS's
closest and most trusted aid.  It all worked out for the best.  Look
what those two did for the world in their lifetimes at a time.  Is
quite remarkable really.
Jai
Guru Dev, -Buck in the Dome

mjackson74@...> wrote blah, blah, blah :

Svāmī Brahmānanda Sarasvatī passed away in 1953, but he had not clearly
indicated his successor. This immediately caused a problem, as he had
initiated a number of disciples into Saṃnyāsa.

few weeks after he passed away, a will was found, according to the
terms of which, a disciple called Svāmī Śāntānanda Sarasvatī was named
as the first choice for succeeding to the Jyotirmaṭha
title.

However, many followers of Brahmānanda Sarasvatī were satisfied
neither with the credentials of Śāntānanda, nor with the
validity/authenticity of the will. Perhaps, the doubts about the
will were themselves based partly upon the perception that Śāntānanda
was not a good choice for successor.

http://indology.info/papers/sundaresan/

INDOLOGY - The Shankaracharya(s) of Jyotirmath - Vid...
The Jyotirmaṭha Śaṅkarācārya Lineage in the 20th
Century Vidyāśaṅkar Sundareśan
View on indology.info Preview by Yahoo