On 11/3/2014 6:23 AM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Richard, was this the same philosophy professor whose final exam was one word: Why?

The only student who got an A+ for the exam responded: Why not?

/Yes, it was the same philosophy professor who quoted Socrates: " I drank what!?"/

/We were supposed to be discussing motion and change and the statement by Heraclitus: "You can never step in the same river twice."/ /My point was that in reality, there is no path, no steps on a path, all truth is relative, there is no movement, time or duration. In fact, things do not move hither and thither at all. Change is impossible. Go figure. /

/For the purposes of this group discussion all we need to be concerned about is the theory of the Two Truths, the Fourfold Negation, the Rule of the Excluded Middle and Constructive Dialectics. A dialectician is a philosopher who views the world in terms of complementary opposites and the interactions thereof.//

Only one statement can be made concerning the ultimate reality and that is that we *think* we exist. It's obvious that our entire existence is based on thinking, ergo, consciousness or an experience of awareness that we are thinking, reasoning, willful beings with a mind. The only *real* that cannot be doubted is that we are conscious. //
//
//Read more: //
//
//Subject: Not This Body, Not This Mind//
//Author: willytex//
//Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental, alt.meditation, alt.yoga, alt.buddha.short.fat.guy//
//Date: Mon, Oct 6 2003 11:11 am//
//http://tinyurl.com/6joeqn/

*From:* "'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, November 2, 2014 12:50 PM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Mind, was Curtis's declining brain functioning

On 11/2/2014 6:19 AM, nablusoss1008 wrote:

Progress is based on how much the individual is able to challenge his individual karma which to varying degree is resisting change. Every Teacher knows you can't just push a button and then all of a sudden you are alright. Maharishi said that inspiring stuff to inspire, not that he for a minute believed it was possible for everyone knowing how much internal resistence there can be in a student. Same With Yogananda, same with all Teachers. Progress is the responsebility of the individual, not the Teacher. Blaming the teacher just expose an immature soul.

/Sometimes you learn things not through words but by actions. //
//
//In my Philosophy 101 class the teacher asked everyone if they thought things move or were static - I said something like thoughts don't move, that ideas and thoughts are just point-instants in the mind or something like that. //
//
//The teacher wadded up a page of notebook paper and threw it at me hitting me on the head. Go figure./

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

/ The anger and self-loathing the naysayers have is based on that. /
/
/
/It doesn't trouble you that Willytex is talking complete and utter bollocks as usual? Why can't you follow your own arguments?/
/
/
/Not having much progress after years of practise is based on how their brains are wired and general karma. /
/
/
So the technique isn't as effective as claimed? If everyone thinks that, why do you get annoyed when someone points it out?
/
/
/Then they blame the teacher for their misery and end up using an internet forum to vent their anger. What a joke. /
/
/
Misery? It's the people with sense of internal logical consistency I feel sorry for round here. "//If you were still a devotee after all that time, striving for something you already had, I would honestly think that it was maybe you that had a serious mental condition."//
//
//
That we are already enlightened isn't Marshy's teaching, that's just Willy's make believe to excuse his own lack of evolution. You guys ought to own the knowledge and stop contradicting yourselves all the time. Steve even thinks that he isn't the same as me and MJ even though he doesn't believe it all either!

When was the last time a True Believer made sense round here? Go figure...

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <punditster@...> <mailto:punditster@...> wrote :

On 10/31/2014 5:15 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

    I was angry, because I honestly thought that someone in his
    condition should not be allowed to appear like that in public
    without help or any sort of explanation, what were they thinking
    over in Vlodrop?

    //Over here in the USA, your prejudice is called "ageism" and it
    is unlawful. Everyone is free tor say whatever they want,
    regardless of their age. /The real question is not what were they
    thinking over in Vlodrop - the question is, what were you
    thinking watching Maharishi videos after twenty years of not
    getting the enlightenment?
    />
    /You still sound angry - probably because you didn't get
    enlightened in 5-7 years, or even 20.

    / >
    ////If you were still a devotee after all that time, striving for
    something you already had, I would honestly think that it was
    maybe you that had a serious mental condition.///
    //
    /

    • [Fairfield... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... nablusoss1008