Jeez, so much for their credibility. Really, they don't need to do
this kind of stuff.  What are they thinking when they do it?  It is
sucho blatantly dishonest thinking.  Who would actually take the
time to edit like this and think they were going to pull something
over?  Bobby?  Mario?  Craig?  Ken?  They do TMO PR, is it their
thinking and hands on it? This is just really bad.  Shame on them
folks that they would think like that and do it.  It is so twisted.
Is it such a cult?  Evidently.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bbrigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> In a typical move, Global Good News has simulated a reprint of
this
> article from the NYT, but all negative news has been deleted --
> specifically, the inconclusive research on TM at the U of Michigan
> noted in paragraph 19, and the student who was interested in
> learning TM only until he found out it costs $2500 (next-to-last
> paragraph in original NYT article):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/89ykj
>

> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/14/giving/14koppel.html
>
> ********************
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ron F <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/14/giving/14koppel.html
> > >

> > > Earth's Future Peacemakers Just Need a Little T.M.
> > >      •     Sign In to E-Mail This
> > >      •     Printer-Friendly
> > >      •     Save Article
> > > By LILY KOPPEL
> > > Published: November 14, 2005
> > > DAVID LYNCH, the filmmaker known for his distorted,
labyrinthine
> [...]
> Washington.
> > > Researchers at the Maharishi University of Management in
> Fairfield, Iowa, will
> > > measure the effects.
> > > To train teachers and fifth- and sixth-grade students, Ideal
> received $75,000
> > > - $25,000 from the Lynch Foundation and a larger partnering
gift
> from Jeffrey
> > > F. Abramson, a principal in a Washington real estate company
and
> the Abramson
> > > Family Foundation, a founder of the United States Holocaust
> Memorial Museum.
> > > After completing training, homeroom teachers will lead
> meditation, a new age
> > > variation on the Pledge of Allegiance.
> > > Training is led by instructors from the Maharishi Vedic
> Education Development
> > > Corporation, also in Fairfield, Iowa. The seven-step program
> costs $2,500 a
> > > student.
> > > Last month, a Lynch Foundation's gift of $25,000 went to the
> Nataki Talibah
> > > Schoolhouse of Detroit, a public charter school, which
> previously received T.M.
> > > financing from the DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund and the
> General Motors
> > > Foundation.
> > > The Lynch gift of meditation was for Nataki seventh- and
eighth-
> grade
> > > students who worked as a nonmeditating control group in a 2002
> study tracking the
> > > "social-emotional competencies" of the meditating students
> conducted by Rita
> > > Benn, director of the Education Center of the Center for
> Complementary and
> > > Alternative Medicine at the University of Michigan and a
> clinical psychologist.
> > > The
> > > study was inconclusive, but the students in the group wanted
> experience what
> > > their peers had felt.
> > > Carmen N'Namdi, a co-founder and the principal of Nataki and
> vice chairwoman
> > > of the board of the National Charter Schools Institute, said
> that just a few
> > > of her parents connected T.M., a secular practice, with
> religion, and she
> > > anticipated none would question Mr. Lynch's artistic work.
> > > The Lynch Foundation is partnering with other philanthropists
> grant
> > > another $25,000 to the University of Michigan, Yale, Emerson
> College and other
> > > colleges to help train students in meditation. On Mr. Lynch's
> recent visit to East
> > >
> > > Coast schools, he was a draw for film students and seekers
> alike. Mr. Lynch,
> > > Mr. Abramson and others are also supporting an American
> University study on
> > > T.M. on college students.
> > > David Jacobson, 22 , a senior film student, attended Mr.
Lynch's
> T.M. lecture
> > > at New York University. He said he was there because he
admired
> Mr. Lynch's
> > > films. After hearing that two of his biggest heroes, Mr. Lynch
> and Roy Orbison,
> > > once meditated together, he said he got curious about T.M.
until