On 11/07/2014 07:34 PM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Caffeine is my current drug of choice. Without it kapha loves to go high and I feel like sleeping all day. Unfortunately my espresso machine broke and it is a bear to fix if I can at all. The company seems to think that I should just buy a new one. What a "throwaway" society we are. And it was not one of my "Starbucks" days. :-D

Good for you, I would rather fix than throw away even if it costs more. It is my way of protesting. And also, that you have a certain amount of times per week that you go to Starbucks. It is very expensive - plus, I like to frequent my local independent rather than Starbucks.

Problem with the independent places is they often cost as much or more than Starbucks and some just use a restaurant supplier grind which isn't that bold. Also they often aren't very friendly places. I know the folks at the downtown Starbucks and there is a nice patio outside the place. Also I stopped drinking Americanos and have their Clover brew instead. That's an inverse press machine and the drink is much stronger. You can also call out which beans to use in it. When I get my freebie I get the most expensive beans and the Venti size. You'll only find those in certain newly remodeled Starbucks.

The cold and soggy NW indeed has much better independent run coffee bars. Though when I lived in Redmond I would go to Starbucks then walk two door down to a bakery that did all whole grains and had killer blueberry cinnamon rolls. Yum! And I often ate breakfast at a locally run restaurant that made real British scones.

    On 11/07/2014 03:47 PM, s3raphita@... <mailto:s3raphita@...>