There are actually groups of people who believe he was advocating a plan and refer to a section of video taken out of context that makes it sound like he was advocating it when he wasn't at all.

On 11/08/2014 10:16 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

Also anyone who believes that Huxley was advocating the world depicted in Brave New world should read his prologue to Brave New World Revisited. BNW was a warning not a plan.

Eh? Did anyone think that really? His choice of hero being a human with normal emotions who was so appalled by the BNW gave it away a bit for me. Maybe other people identify with different characters in the book? I never even considered that.

He didn't have to top himself though as he did have another option, he could have gone back to living in the wild where he came from. That's what I would have done but it was a more poetic protest to hang himself I suppose...

On 11/07/2014 11:02 PM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... <mailto:turquoiseb@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    Anyone ignorant enough to post that Huxley was unfamiliar with
    meditation (see jr post below) has clearly never read his best
    novel, "Island." Huxley was practicing real meditation decades
    before Maharishi invented his faux version and called it TM.

    *From:* "jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife]"
    <mailto:jr_esq@...[FairfieldLife]> <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    *To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    *Sent:* Saturday, November 8, 2014 6:34 AM
    *Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Birth of the Hippies

    Bhairitu,

    Good point.  According to Wikipedia, Huxley had association with
    the Vendanta society:

        Association with Vedanta[edit

<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Aldous_Huxley&action=edit&section=6>]

    Beginning in 1939 and continuing until his death in 1963, Huxley
    had an extensive association with the Vedanta Society of Southern
    California
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedanta_Society_of_Southern_California>,
    founded and headed by Swami Prabhavananda
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swami_Prabhavananda>. Together with
    Gerald Heard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Heard>,
    Christopher Isherwood
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Isherwood>, and other
    followers he was initiated by the Swami and was taught meditation
    and spiritual practices.^[3]
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley#cite_note-FOOTNOTERoy2003-3>

    In 1944, Huxley wrote the introduction to the "Bhagavad Gita: The
    Song of God",^[22]

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley#cite_note-IsherwoodSwami_Prabhavananda1987-22>
    translated by Swami Prabhavanada and Christopher Isherwood, which
    was published by The Vedanta Society of Southern California.
    From 1941 until 1960, Huxley contributed 48 articles to /Vedanta
    and the West/, published by the Society. He also served on the
    editorial board with Isherwood, Heard, and playwright John van
    Druten from 1951 through 1962.
    Huxley also occasionally lectured at the Hollywood and Santa
    Barbara Vedanta temples. Two of those lectures have been released
    on CD: /Knowledge and Understanding/ and /Who Are We/ from 1955.
    After the publication of /The Doors of Perception
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors_of_Perception>/, Huxley
    and the Swami disagreed about the meaning and importance of the
    LSD drug experience, which may have caused the relationship to
    cool, but Huxley continued to write articles for the Society's
    journal, lecture at the temple, and attend social functions. His
    agnosticism, together with his speculative propensity, made it
    difficult for him to fully embrace any form of institutionalized
    religion.^Aldous Huxley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley#cite_note-23>

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley#cite_note-23>

    Aldous Huxley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley#cite_note-23>
    AldousLeonard Huxley /ˈhʌksli/ (26 July 1894 – 22 November 1963)
    was an English writer, philosopher and a prominent member of the
    Huxley family...

    View on en.wikipedia.org
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley#cite_note-23>

    Preview by Yahoo

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <noozguru@...>
    <mailto:noozguru@...> wrote :

    What about the Vedanta Society? What about Paramahansa Yogananda?
    Arthur Avalon?  Not to mention relatively unknowns who probably
    migrated to the UK and taught yoga.

        On 11/07/2014 05:49 PM, jr_esq@... <mailto:jr_esq@...>