Work is not the purpose of life. It's real purpose is to keep you distracted so you don't overthrow the king. Who elected him boss anyway? At best there is probably only a couple hours a day of work that needs to be done. Some of the more tedious and subhuman jobs can be automated anyway. When I was in India, businessmen were complaining workers would only work two hours a day. That's all they needed to survive. Locally an Indian engineer and I discussed the problem. He thought it was also due to the fact that they couldn't take more than a couple hours of the heat in the work places.

Parcheesi anyone?

On 11/08/2014 08:04 PM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
There's always more work to be done! People may need to develope new or different skills. Craftsmen that build or repair buggies aren't in big demand these day, but people that can make or repair cars are. And people may need to compete for the best jobs. < I'll agree, education doesn't guarantee a damned thing, but I can almost guarantee that a lack of education can almost guarantee poverty. Higher education doesn't have to be a four year college/university and advanced degrees. It can simply be a good trade school and learning a valued skill. Hell, having a good attitude and work ethic can take some people pretty far!

*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Saturday, November 8, 2014 7:29 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: More American Stupidity

Thing is that many people who dropped out of high school may turn out to be very aggressive and fortuitous. Education does not really guarantee an income. I went to college to learn things not to get a piece of paper that would guarantee me an income. Being a professional musician was a tough road to hoe and a very political one at that. It's not so much what you know but who you know.

So answer me this: if we have all the workers we need and there is no other work to be done what happens to the rest of the populace? Are they expected to starve? Another thing: many of the people out of work aren't high school dropouts, they aren't even college dropouts, they aren't even inexperienced. In fact many have a lot of senior experience. They are just shut out of the market because they aren't "cheap enough" or "too old." Many of these people are brighter than the richest of the rich and so at some point they may make sure there is hell to pay. And they can do it.