 From: "s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 3:16 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Birth of the Hippies

I forgot! Vlodrop, Holland, is the former residence of Maharishi and is a
capital of the Global Country of World Peace. Of course, nothing but peace and
love can emanate from the Netherlands . . .

Please, please, please, drop in on Vlodrop and let the residents there know, in
no uncertain terms, what you think of the current state of the TMO. Then report
back to us on how the true believers received you.

PS:Children of Men is a great movie. The two scenes where Clive Owen and co are
in danger and try to escape by car are masterpieces of heart-thumping film.

No, because I do not consider it at all likely that a race war will actually
erupt here. I am very attuned to the "immigration issue" wherever it takes
place in Europe, and my assessment is that the Netherlands does the best job of
any country I've been in so far in terms of helping immigrants to "fit in" and,
more important, *feel like* they're "fitting in." I would imagine race wars to
be more an issue all over the UK and in France rather than here.

I remember being in Dublin with my brother and we went to see Alfonso Cuarón's
"Children Of Men" in a theater there, and realizing about halfway through the
movie (which is a dystopian view of
immigrants being rounded up all over the UK and "sent back where they came
from") that we were sitting in an abnormally quiet theater. I looked around,
and found that most of the people in the theater were immigrants. They were
quiet because they realized that in Ireland they were possibly looking at their
"near future," not some faraway "scifi future."

I could be all wrong about this, of course. But I live and interact with
immigrants every day. In my current Dutch class, I'm the only person from the
US. The others are from all over the globe. Many are originally from Islamic
countries. All feel Dutch. Go figure.