 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 It's always good to run into someone who appreciates "Children Of Men." Great
movie, as was his previous "Y tu mamá también."

 The bit when they brought the newborn child outside was amazing and sadly
summed up mankind beautifully - 5 seconds of awe, then back to the fighting.

 But I'm not likely to ever head over to Vlodrop. Cults are easier to
appreciate at a distance.

 I'd go and have a look for sure, but you could use your previous experience to
get you through the door - governor privilege and all that - and get a good
feel of how it is nowadays compared to the old.

How would I "prove" myself a "Governor?" It's not as if the TM movement back in
my day kept any records -- the data people at National couldn't find any
records of either people initiated before 1975 or people made teachers before
1975 when they tried to do so for a court case.

 You mean there's no secret handshake?

And back in my day there were no such things as "badges," so I never had one.
Me being allowed in the door or not would probably all depend on whether there
was anyone on the premises who remembered me from back then.

 Probably best not to mention you're a roving reporter for Fairfield Life!

 I wonder if there's still a lot of security there, the CIA must have lost
interest by now. Probably just a few heavies to keep the groupies away from
Bevan...

 I've been out of it ten years and when I'm visiting my TM mates and they lapse
back into the 'language' it gives me the creeps, like someone walking over my
grave. I'd like to hear an on the scene report from you anyway, probably be
really funny. Maybe they'll draw you back into the fold!

 Yeah, "the creeps" is the bigger issue. I have a hard enough time *imagining*
people still stuck in the TM mindset, much less interfacing with them in
person.

 The potential for humor might be a draw, but I'm really not sure I could get
over the creepiness factor long enough to be funny about it.

 I always thought that our academy would make a great fly-on-the-wall
documentary series. Especially during a flying course. I pitched it to the guy
who organised the filming work we used to permit for the extra money, and he
said NEVER, obviously. I was teasing because I could see how crazy it was even
then, everyone else thought it was normal! But there was always the tendency to
hide the eccentricity from the public, even from beginners.

 Makes me wonder what other cults get up to, behind the scenes at Scientology
HQ would also be unmissable.