 From: "jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:55 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: US-Supplied Weapons End Up With IS

   Mike,

 As I mentioned to Fleetwood, the solution is to have an international force to
eliminate IS, maintain the peace and stability in the land.  This should not be
shouldered by the USA exclusively.  The Arab and European countries should
contribute their share of troop strength in this endeavor.  As a matter of
fact, the UN should send their own troops there too.

 Funny thing is... we had it won by 2008. We had an Iraqi army in training...
yes training and relative calm and order established when our *Dear One*
decided that He needed to fulfill his campaign promise to bring the troops
home, before the Iraqis were really ready. Now we're in this current situation
that Bush and everyone else warned would happen if we left prematurely. How
long would we have needed to stay? Who knows? We still have troops in
Duetschland and Japan and they aren't seen as occupiers but as allies. Four
thousand lives, hundreds of thousands of minds and limbs, trillions of dollars,
and hopes for a stabilizing force for peace in a region, flushed down the
toilet for a campaign promise and now we may be need to return and do it all
again or face a worse situation. Did you notice, barely mentioned in the news,
that the troops are not coming home from Afghanistan by the end of 2014, as
promised? Yes, now they're staying... indefinitely. Surprise surprise!