Re "filing of actual criminal charges":

 Don't US courts refuse to extradite their own citizens to the law in foreign
jurisdictions? Or at least make it damned difficult?

 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 Salyavin, if I apologize, what's included is an intention to avoid doing the
hurtful behavior in the future. Heck we all do awful stuff sometimes. I think
it's a valid part of relating to others that we acknowledge our part in their
upset and then soldier on.

 Yes, the operative word here is IF. Trouble is these days a lot of people
think that because they are offended by something it automatically follows that
someone has done something wrong and should apologise. It seems like simply
being offended gives them the right to control other's opinions. Beats me.

 Worse, in this Age of New Age Narcissism, they feel that they have the right
to inflict *their* opinions on others. In the most recent case here on
Fairfield Life, my choice of words pushed the buttons of a few cultists so
badly that they began to imagine things about me that aren't true. This is
nothing new, but then -- probably because they're so USED to taking their own
fantasies seriously and treating them as Truth Incarnate -- they started to act
those fantasies out on this forum and accuse me of things. The things that they
have brainwashed themselves to believe about me aren't true, but they are
volatile enough that if I had allowed them to go unresponded-to, the resulting
libel and defamation could potentially have a negative impact on my family.

 Fortunately for me (and unfortunately for the two people who have chosen to
defame me), one of our close family friends here in the Netherlands IS a cop,
and furthermore one who works in the anti-cyberterrorism group. We know him
from a local "Meetup" discussion group, of which we've all been members for
some time.

 So yesterday I explained the situation to him and, to my surprise, his first
question to me was, "By any chance, are these people who are trying to
insinuate that you are a child molestor members of a religious cult?" Somewhat
taken aback, I said "Yes," and then he explained that the reason he asked is
that this (using the Internet to attempt to brand someone as a sex criminal,
especially in regard to children) was a favorite tactic used by cults they are
tracking in the Netherlands (especially $cientology, but also some extreme
Christian cults).

 He advised me to take this action by Nabby and Jim Flanegin more seriously,
and walked me through the steps of doing so. Here in the Netherlands, it's a
two-step process. First I notify the proper division of the police about the
cyberstalking, giving them the email addresses of the stalkers and forwarding
to them examples of all defamatory posts or emails they have sent. This
officially puts them on a "Watch List," and causes Interpol and other agencies
to flag any traffic coming from these addresses for further scrutiny.

 This has been done. If they wise up and drop this stupidity, I will never need
to take it to step two, which is the filing of actual criminal charges. Note
that the words "criminal charges" are exact in this situation -- my friend made
it very clear that here in the Netherlands what they are doing is not a mere
civil offense but a crime.

 But the saddest part from my point of view is that neither of these guys is
going to ever feel as if they did anything wrong. THEY were the ones taking the
two words I posted *referring to their spiritual teacher* and turning them in
their heads into some kind of psychological diagnosis of me. THEY were the ones
committing defamation and libel -- as pointed out earlier, I never once
suggested that Maharishi or anyone else *really* was into fucking babies. THEY
made that up, and about me. My friend the cop -- having seen my original post
and their followups -- tells me that if either of them persists in this folly,
my case against them will be a slam-dunk and he could put them in prison.

 But isn't it amazing that they felt that they had the *right* to do this in
the first place? As Salyavin and others have pointed out (and my friend the cop
suggested as well), this syndrome of "professional outrage" they wear like a
badge of honor is quite possibly a form of mental illness. Their outrage does
NOT give them the right to act out the fantasies my words inspire in them and
harm others.