On 11/30/2014 11:35 PM, TurquoiseBee wrote:

*/In retrospect who he reminds me of the most in terms of the fluidity of his delivery and his seeming honest comfort with the outrageous stories he's telling is Carlos Castaneda. When I met him, he was exactly the same way -- so sure of himself and so fluid in the way he described "don Juan" and the magical things that went on around him that you felt you almost *had* to believe it.
/*

/"Other experiences I would place in this category would be firsthand witnessing of the siddhis. Things like invisibility, true levitation (sitting or walking on air for long periods of time), etc. I worked with a guy who did that stuff. Big whoop. I knew then and I know now that the ability to do these things has nothing whatsoever to do with whether one is enlightened or not. But witnessing these phenomena is a real hoot, and much, much more."/

From: Uncle Tantra
Subject: Re: Meditation that is Transcendental
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2003-07-24 13:29:48 PST
http://tinyurl.com/kn9fmol

*/
/*
*/Then later I learned more about Carlos. Turns out that there was strong evidence of him being a "serial liar" and "psychopathic liar" all of his life. It was a pattern that was already present long before he came to the US to study at UCLA. In gaining his original student status he'd lied about his original name, where he came from in South America, and failed to mention that he'd abandoned a wife and kid there. /*

              • ... salyavin808
              • ... salyavin808
              • ... salyavin808
              • ... salyavin808