Dear Friend of the TM Community,

I am writing to ask for your assistance. My colleagues and I at Johns
Hopkins School of Medicine are conducting a
fascinating anonymous, internet-based survey study to characterize
experiences that some people have of Higher States of Consciousness —
something that someone from a different spiritual tradition might all a
personal encounter with The Divine. The study will permit a better
understanding about the phenomenology, interpretation, and enduring effects
of such encounters. Our hope is that, ultimately, we will receive thousands
of responses to the survey so that we can better understand such
experiences and how they may differ across faith traditions and occasioning
events (e.g. prayer, meditation, spontaneously-occurring, nature
experiences, drug-occasioned etc.).

Although the survey takes 30+ minutes to complete (depending on the time
taken on optional open-ended questions), we have received many spontaneous
positive comments from survey respondents who have said that answering the
survey questions prompted them to deepen their appreciation for these
uplifting and meaningful experiences.

REASONS TO TAKE THE SURVEY:
1. The survey is an opportunity to revisit an uplifting and personally
meaningful experience.
2. Because the survey questions prompt deep reflection on a seminal
transcendent experience, completing the survey may provide a
fascinating topic of discussion among people interested in meditation,
spirituality or religion.
3. By telling their story, individuals will be making an important
contribution to science.

We would sincerely appreciate it if you would consider taking the survey
and letting others know about it.

The survey link is here:
Survey -- Higher States of Consciousness
<http://www.encounteringthedivine.org/>

Roland Griffiths, Ph.D., Principal Investigator
Contact information:    rgr...@jhmi.edu
Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Neuroscience
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
IRB approved application NA_00054696
  • [FairfieldLif... Diane arlingtonl...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfie... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]