 Dear Diane, you may not know this but this FairfieldLife at yahoo-groups list
has been misappropriated by a number of people who with a culture of unkind
abuse have methodically driven off most others who have expressed higher states
of awareness. This is really not a very tolerant place for either diversity of
experience or tolerance for diverse viewpoint. You may have to look further and
elsewhere to find the depth that you wish to survey for. This FFL yahoo-group
list as it has devolved is quite unfriendly to spiritual experience. Best of
regards for your research project, -in Fairfield, Iowa   Another serious
hallucination from "Buck". This place was never "hijacked" but some people
joined with - gasp - different opinions about what it all means, both the TM
organisation and the experiences that result from regular spiritual practise.
And it has to be said that the so-called neganauts (people with different
opinions to Doug) have all talked at length about spiritual experiences with TM
and various other techniques and drugs. In fact, the only ones that have never
mentioned their own visions on the path are the three whiners who never stop
trying to drag the place down. They know who they are. Funny that. So here's a
challenge for you Doug, I've talked at length about my spiritual experiences,
why don't you have a go and share the obviously vast amount of self-knowledge
you must have gained from a lifetime sitting in the dome?  Be the change you
want to see on FFL....

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <arlingtonlife@...> wrote :

 Dear Friend of the TM Community,

 I am writing to ask for your assistance. My colleagues and I at Johns Hopkins
School of Medicine are conducting a fascinating anonymous, internet-based
survey study to characterize experiences that some people have of Higher States
of Consciousness — something that someone from a different spiritual tradition
might all a personal encounter with The Divine. The study will permit a better
understanding about the phenomenology, interpretation, and enduring effects of
such encounters. Our hope is that, ultimately, we will receive thousands of
how they may differ across faith traditions and occasioning events (e.g.
prayer, meditation, spontaneously-occurring, nature experiences,
drug-occasioned etc.).

Although the survey takes 30+ minutes to complete (depending on the time taken
on optional open-ended questions), we have received many spontaneous positive
comments from survey respondents who have said that answering the survey
questions prompted them to deepen their appreciation for these uplifting and
meaningful experiences.

REASONS TO TAKE THE SURVEY:
1. The survey is an opportunity to revisit an uplifting and personally
meaningful experience.
2. Because the survey questions prompt deep reflection on a seminal
transcendent experience, completing the survey may provide a fascinating topic
of discussion among people interested in meditation, spirituality or religion.
3. By telling their story, individuals will be making an important contribution
to science.

We would sincerely appreciate it if you would consider taking the survey and
letting others know about it.

The survey link is here:
 Survey -- Higher States of Consciousness http://www.encounteringthedivine.org/

Roland Griffiths, Ph.D., Principal Investigator
Contact information:    rgriff@... mailto:rgriff@...
Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Neuroscience
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
IRB approved application NA_00054696

  • [FairfieldLif... Diane arlingtonl...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfie... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]