> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Everyone will interpret the same experience of enlightenment
> > differently. Of course. But enlightenment itself remains the
same
> > experience as it has for eternity.
>
> And you're completely convinced of that?  I'm not.
> I have no problem with it being different for
> everyone who experiences it.
>
> > I think the confusion may occur when people speak about Oneness
or
> > Unity, and to the unenlightened, this sounds like once we are
> > enlightened, we all become the same, express ourselves the
same,
> > act the same, etc.
>
> I think the problem is far more fundamental than
> that.  *Anything* you try to say about enlighten-
> ment is wrong.
>
> > Nothing could be further from the truth. This is just the
attempt
> of
> > the ignorant mind to make sense of enlightenment. After
> > enlightenment, individual expression remains consistent, because
> > each person's physiology remains different. Even more
individual.
> > But the experience of enlightenment remains the same for us all.
>
> I might say that enlightenment itself (as opposed
> to the individual minds that experience it) may
> remain the same, but that the *experience* of that
> eternal, non-localized state may be (and possibly is)
> completely different for every localized being who
> ever experiences it.

Hi, yeah, I think we are saying the same thing. Like looking out at
the ocean from the shore. You will see it in some different way than
I will, and we will each describe it differently, but the ocean
remains the same, and there will probably be a great degree of
commonality in our different descriptions.

I am *not* trying to 'plain vanilla' or norm out the experience of
enlightenment, though. I had said earlier that once enlightenment
occurs, we actually become *more* clearly defined as individuals.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM