> > > *******************
> > >
> > > An instruction fee has always been part of Vedic culture.
> >
> > And that makes it OK?
> >
> > You people have *really* been trained to accept the
> > status quo and praise anything labeled "Vedic,"
> > haven't you? >>
>
> No you have been brainwashed and you don't even know it.
> You have been brainwashed by Christian culture into beleiveng
> that the most good is done if it is charity.

I'll actually address this, just because it's so
stupid I think I can have fun doing so. :-)

First, although the *dogma* of Christian culture
may assert such a thing, in practice, modern
Christianity acts in anything *but* a charitable
manner. Much of the "born again" movement is
based on "Me-first-ism," to the max. It's all
about the *individual* having an "experience of
Christ," and about the *individual* finding a
"relationship with Christ." Very little of the
teachings have to do with actually living the
way that Christ suggested one should live, in
terms of serving one's fellow man. (There are
strong exceptions to this, of course, and some
of these churches do wonderful work, and I
applaud them for doing so.)

Second, since I was never a Christian and have
always had a strong antipathy to modern Christ-
ianity and its culture, it doesn't make a lot of
sense to suggest that I'd be brainwashed by it.  :-)

> This is a false notion and
> you are thinking like a child.

And you assert that it's "false" based on what?
Something you were told by TM teachers who were
told what to tell you?  :-)

You forget sometimes who you are talking to here.
We're the people who actually went to TM Teacher
Training and were taught to mindlessly repeat
the things you're now mindlessly repeating. :-)

> You need to start thinking bigger instead of this
> inneffective hippy idea of free communes and free
> love for all.
> This will not work to help the world.

Actually, it would. But I don't think I've ever
suggested such a thing. What I've suggested is
that I believe that the teaching of meditation
is *most effective*, FOR ALL CONCERNED, when it
is done for free, with the teachers donating
their time and/or paying for the teaching process
themselves. I base this belief on the subjective
experience of having done it that way, having
done it the "other" way (the for-profit approach
taken by TM and other groups), and on watching
the effects of the two different teaching pro-
cesses, on both students and teachers. My main
reason for believing as I do is that I believe
that teaching for free is better *for the teachers*,
and that that which is better for them and enables
them to stay in a higher state of attention winds
up being better for the students as well.

But if I understand correctly, you've never taught
meditation in *either* context, right?  You're
just stating that things are FALSE and TRUE based
*entirely* on what you've been told by others.