--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctor_gabby_savy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Here is an article about rajas from a French magazine:
>
> Which magazine? Does not appear to be Paris Match.

I suspect your inability to find the title is
related to your inability to find the law that
Michael posted about yesterday.

Here's a short course, for those unfamiliar with
how things work in the world of publishing:

1. Click on the scan titled 'Page One.'

2. When it opens, notice that it looks a lot like
every other 'page one' in the printing business,
with a list of articles contained in this issue,
and a few photos associated with those articles.

3. Note the red box containing type in a much
larger font than the rest of the page. Note that
it says 'L'illustré.'

4. Now imagine that you were the publisher of a
magazine. If you were designing the first page of
a magazine, would you put it in the same font as
all of the other text, or might you want to make
it a little larger, so that that people might
notice it?  Might you even wish to make it even
more noticeable by surrounding it with a red
background.

5. Using this logic, try entering 'L'illustre'
into Google.

6. Voilà.  Goggle tells you that L'illustré is the
name of a Swiss magazine, and even gives you a URL
directly to the latest issue: http://www.illustre.ch/

:-)

I mean, really.  I knew that Americans were, on the
whole, prettty dumbed-down, but this is embarrassing!

Do you really believe that 'Paris Match' is the only
magazine in France?  Do you really believe that some-
one *owes* it to you to do your thinking (which I hope
I've shown above does not exactly take a genius) for
you, and is obligated to find things out for you that
would have taken you less than 20 seconds to find on
your own?  Pull your head out, dude.

Unc

P.S.  You should be happy...now that I've blasted you
for being stupid in public (again), you have an excuse
to post a dozen more times trashing me up one side
and down the other.  Again, I guess that's what
dumbed-down Americans do for fun.  If I were a country,
you'd invade...   :-)  :-)  :-)