> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
> <premanandpaul@> wrote:

<snip>People want to feel free of the
> > interminable rules and regulations, that's a big part of why
they
> > take a dive into the peace to be found beyond thinking.
>
> On the other hand, I would suspect that once one
> attains complete inner freedom, having to follow
> external laws and rules isn't much of a pinch.
>
> Presumably we want to become enlightened not so we
> can be free of rules, but so rules can no longer
> impinge on our sense of freedom, which has become
> absolute and infinite.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head- the inner sense of freedom
actually overtakes the freedom which can be expressed externally, so
that there is an inexhaustable supply within.

This makes it easy to express whatever we want to express, and to
effortlessly withhold that which it is prudent to withhold. This
creates the external impression that one who is enlightened is
always in tune with his or her surroundings.

I remember reading about some enlightened guy or another in some
book talking about being able to play the appropriate part at all
times. So very true!