--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The reason I think the conversation about the enlightened and their
> ability to supposedly not make mistakes is  silly is because the
> information regarding their purported ability to only act in a
> spontaneous right way because they are now "beyond the influence of
> right and wrong" comes from people who are claiming, or at least
> acting in such a manner, as to have us all believe they are
> enlightened. It is quite self-serving of them to have us believe
> this.

Yup. That was my whole point in all of this -- people
are judging Maharishi's actions using a definition of
enlightenment that *he* provided to them.  And most of
the time, they don't realize this; they feel somehow
that their internal definition of enlightenment some-
how descended from the heavens full-blown, and wasn't
taught to them.  It's a hoot.

I see the same thing in the Rama (Fred Lenz) trip. One
of his silly, in-passing definitions of the "qualities
of an enlightened being" was that 1) they could radiate
gold light and 2) they were funny.  Well, the guy had
the bases covered on both points -- he could (and did)
fill Carnegie Hall with golden light and he was a truly,
naturally funny guy.  But the thing is that many of his
students don't realize that *he* provided the definition
that *they* are using to judge his enlightenment.  It's
like if Babe Ruth defined enlightenment as the ability
to hit a lot of home runs.  :-)