> In a message dated 2/9/06 11:31:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Yes, a  lot of people actually *believed* the
> extraordinary exaggerations and  distortions
> spread by the right wing about the  funeral.
>
> Wrong Judy! They saw it for themselves on TV! It was played  over and
> over again. It was a total disgrace and was repugnant.

As I said: The *commentary* on the funeral significantly
exaggerated and distorted what actually went on.  Plus
which, the notion that people should not say anything
political at the funeral of a popular politician who
had been running for reelection when he was tragically
killed is so downright *stupid* it's almost impossible
to imagine anybody actually thinking it made any sense.