--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > I also have the highest respect for Chopra, he's a fine man
with
> > > great integrity IMO.
> >
> > Who allowed his name to be put on a book that was
> > written by others?
>
> First, we don't know that's true about the ayurved book just
because
> some mov't docs say so.  Second, it's done all the time and it has
> nothing to do with integrity if that's how the contract between the
> parties reads.  If it was done unethically in some way, it's an
easy
> lawsuit for the real authors.

Precisely.

If both parties agree, no harm no foul.

It reminds me of a story I heard Paul Anka, the singer and
songwriter, tell on the Howard Stern Show several months ago.

Anka is known as the writer of the "Tonight Show with Johnny Cason"
theme song.  But Howard knew that, as a requirement to get that
song -- and the lucrative royalties that went with it -- as the
official theme that Anka had to agree to give Carson co-writer
credit.  So, officially, both Carson and Anka are the co-writers and
have shared through the years a 50/50 split on the royalties
although everyone knows -- wink, wink, nudge, nudge -- that Carson
didn't write a note that it was all done by Anka.

So Stern said to Anka: wasn't that Carson a prick for doing that to
you?  And Anka's response was 'no, he wasn't.  That's the way things
were done in those days and if I didn't want to have it as the theme
of the show I was perfectly free to decline the offer."

> It's well known Chopra used the santa fe ex-purusha guy to help
write
> many of his original books.  Chopra supplied him with an outline of
> each chapter for the book, the ghost writer writes the chapters,
and
> then Chopra edits the final draft.  Both parties were very happy
with
> the arrangement.  MMY blessed the arrangement so that Chopra would
> have more time to promote M-ayurved on the lecture circuit - so
Judy