> In a message dated 4/16/06 3:57:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Because  it would seem to me that if Iran does indeed
> > > have such "nuclear  insurance," our best bet, and
> > > Israel's, would be to see to it  that we don't give
> > > them a reason to use it.
> >
> > Give it up Judith, just let it go..
>
> Still can't answer,  huh?
>
> Do we need to give them a reason to use it? Isn't the  existence of
> Israel reason enough?

It seems obvious to me that the reason Iran feels
the need for "insurance" is to deter Israel and the
U.S. from attacking *them*.  Or, absolute worst case,
to do a preemptive strike.  That's what all the
"annihilation" talk is about, to discourage us from
messing with Iran.

But if Iran no longer had reason to believe we would
attack them, they would no longer need a deterrent.

> So we hold off provoking them until they have  two pieces of
> insurance or three pieces or four  or.....

Why would they go to such trouble if they felt
secure?