TorquiseB writes: snipped
> I never understood why people go to such lengths
> to believe that their spiritual teachers or the
> people they look up to are "extraordinary." It
> seems to me that it makes more sense to think
> of them as ordinary.

Jim Flanegin writes:
Its the same old quest to hold two completely contradictory truths
in our awareness simultaneously; that our teachers are extraordinary
to us personally, and personally we should evaluate them through
ordinary means.

Otherwise, we never 'get' anywhere.

Tom T:
Good old Jaimine to the rescue again. THat is the paradox of Brahmin.
The funny thing is that when you finally understand that you are
holding those completely contradictory truths in one awareness
simutaneously you are doing the Jaimini Polka or better know as the
paradox of Brahmin. The ability to notice you are doing it is the
confirmation you have slipped onto a differrent stage or a totally 180
differrent viewpoint. Enjoy. Tom T