--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "vajradhatu108"
> <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In
> FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
> > <tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlist@> wrote:
> > >
> > > TorguoiseB writes: snipped
> > > I sat there trying to not have as much fun with the
> > > day as I knew I was capable of having, and then I
> > > caught myself doing it.  The moment I did, I was
> > > able to laugh at myself. And through my laughter,
> > > I found my body saying "Yes."  Out loud.  Weirdest
> > > damned thing.
> > >
> > > Everything changed. Background flipflopped into
> > > foreground and the witnessing, a moment before
> > > unnoticed, moved front and center and reasserted
> > > its Self again.  And all it took was getting to
> > > "Yes."
> > >
> > > I'm sure it'll pass...all things do...but it's
> > > neat while it lasts. Life's cool sometimes, yes?
> > >
> > > Tom T:
> > > Very astute observations. Reminds me of Patanjali Chapter 3
> > > Vs 54: Knowledge born of the finest discrimination takes us to
> the
> > > farthest shore.
> > > It is intuitive, omniscient and beyond all divisions of time and
> space.
> > > Vs 55: And when the translucent intellect is as pure as the Self,
> > > there is Enlightenment.
> > >
> > > It is the Self knowing the Self but there is the working of the
> > > intellect that makes the final and finest discrimination.
> >
> > Actually the above quote is about viveka-khyati --an important
> experience and
> > discrimination which can continue for quite a while, but alas is
> not liberation--athough
> > that is the next chapter (of the YS). It *is* often confused with
> liberation. <snip>
>
> Actually, your statement is a misunderstanding of the simultaneous
> realities, of, on the one hand, our continuous experience of ever
> expanding growth and knowledge, and on the other hand, the
> unmistakable experience and truth of liberation.
>
> Those that experience liberation know it to be what it is. I
> particularly liked Alex's description of it as the end of war with
> ourselves. Many, many other descriptions are out there, so it is
> pointless for me to go any further describing such a state.

Just to clarify, I was not talking about war with myself in the
context of any sort of spiritual woo-woo. I was referring to war in
the sense of rejection of my individual humanness, specifically, how I
show up as a sexual being. I.e., mundane self-loathing.

But, yes, the state I find myself in now is definitely what I would
call liberation. I would describe it as free-floating in now. On the
other hand, it seems to be making life an even bigger challenge. I'd
always been very much enamored of relative existence, but since the
dark night, the joys of the relative have not returned to the
overshadowing glory they used to be. Erotically, I'm still dead.
Enjoyment of food returned only a little bit. Gazing with Waking Down
teachers used to be experientially delicious, and now it is flat.
Basically, I'm bored stiff and this body feels like a prison.

I guess this is where the "continuously finding and discovering more
and more about our Selves" comes in.