> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@>
> wrote:

> > > Oh, yeah?  Where, specifically?
> > >
> > > Do they deliver to New Jersey?
> >
> > People from NYC and NJ sometimes take 100's of either half-baked or
> > frozen cuts back home with them. Old Forge has a main street lined
> > with pizza places that are all filled on weekends with folks from
> > all over NE PA and the Poconos.
>
> I'd never heard of Old Forge, pizzawise or otherwise,
> so I Googled it and spent a very pleasant half-hour
> reading about its pizza.  Seems it's a distinct style
> whose main distinction from other types is that it
> doesn't use mozzarella but a mixture of several other
> cheeses that make it milder and sweeter.
>
> Old Forge calls itself "The Pizza Capital of the World."
>
> And oddly enough in the context of this discussion,
> connoisseurs of Old Forge-style pizza appear to be a
> group that has many of the characteristics of a cult.
> ;-)  See this discussion of how to make Old Forge-style
> white pizza:
>
> http://www.stephencooks.com/2005/10/old_forge_white.html
> http://tinyurl.com/rono4
>
> More than you ever wanted to know about pizza in general:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza
>
> The one site I found where you can get mail-order
> Old Forge pizza charges $30 for a 15-inch pie, *plus*
> overnight FedEx.  That's a bit rich for my blood.
>
> Also learned, to my chagrin, from the Wikipedia article
> that pizza crust is often made with hydrogenated oils
> (the dreaded trans-fats).  Jeez, as if the saturated fat
> from all the cheese isn't bad enough...

Judy,

  I didn't know all that. There are many types of pizza made in Old
Forge and many of the surrounding towns. It's is almost always priced
way less than what you quoted above. In most places it's cheap. And
there is pizza crust with oil, or without oil, and some so heavy it'll
clog arteries just looking at it.

  Of course back in the day several of the small towns had 1%
meditators too. :-)

JohnY