TorquiseB writes snipped:
Just following up because I think it's an interesting
subject, I think that the key to the above point of
view is in the last sentence. That is, one tends to
view the world in terms of one's own experience. The
author in question had problems with addiction; there-
fore she sees 98% of the people around her as having
had problems with addiction, a point of view that is
so obviously distorted it barely deserves comment.

Tom T:
You might tend to disagree if you haven't recognized that any belief
is an addiction. How do I know that to be true. Try and lose or change
core beliefs. Mull it over a little and thanks for your comments. As
you have said before it is sometimes good to agree to disagree.Tom