On Jun 11, 2006, at 3:36 AM, cardemaister wrote:

this out as it is synonymous with Transcendental Knowing (jnana,

jJAna).

Vaj, the HK -transliteration for the palatal nasal as

'J' is rather misleading.

I agree. Personally I prefer diacritical Sanskrit, but usually won't take the time to do the key combinations. HK's kinda funky.

I'd prefer 'ñ' instead, because

I gather quite a many people are familiar with the

Spanish pronunciation.

So in this case, 'jñAna' or 'jñaana'.  I believe the pronunciation

of the combination 'jñ' varies according to what

region of India the pronunciator comes from. I think

the pronunciation 'gy(a)' is typical in northern India.