--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> left the article at home and forgot my password, so I can only copy
> what's in the Newscientist website: the first paragraph.

I sure would love it if you could copy in more
when you have access to the article again--at least
if it's not too technical.

Many thanks for the summary.  Somehow I doubt dueling
mathematical formulas are going to lead to a
definitive resolution of the issue, but the arguments
ought to be fun!

Definitive scientific proof of determinism would most
likely be disastrous for the psyche of the human race,
absent some larger concept along the lines of that
advanced by Schroedinger to validate the *sense* of
free will in the Atman = Brahman type of context.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lik1AB/fOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM