> On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:15 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > standard

> >> Yes, that's right Judy. Thanks for noticing. :-)

> >> Because of the *style* of samadhi this is indicative of (to put
> >> it in TM lingo) is that of Unity Consciousness.
> >
> > And we know that a "blank wave" on a home EEG unit is
> > indicative of a Unity Consciousness style of samadhi
> > because...?
>
> Apparently someone needs to do some research!

Well, do it then, for goodness' sake!

> >> However it should also be noted this relates to a different path
> >> than -> PC -> CC -> eventually leads to UC.
> >
> > It sure is.
>
> Is it?

Of course.

> >  Instead it should be seen as UC
> >> grasped as the path (unusual because you are taking UC *as the
> > path*,
> >> rather than as an *end state*) and maturing into BC (to use the
> >> TM metaphor).

> >> Because we should realize and make the connection that *dualistic
> >> methods lead to dualistic states of consciousness* (e.g. the
> >> witnessing artifact, which is an artifact of a dualistic
> >> meditation method).
> >
> > But which (as you know, and just said above) is a
> > transitional feature in terms of UC.
>
> I assume you are referring to GC?

GC??

> I'm sorry I don't buy the GC fallacy Mahesh has fed you.
>
> Either would Shankara...

I think you've lost the thread here, Vaj.  Why don't
you just go and do your research and then come back
and tell us what you've found out?

> > We still need to know, however, why a "blank wave" on a
> > home EEG machine should be assumed to represent a nondual
> > state of consciousness (and presumably why "nonblank waves"
> > on a home EEG machine should be assumed to represent a
> > dualistic state of consciousness).
>
> Like I said, if you do not understand *why*, it sounds like you
> need to do some more hunting--or some more exploration in terms of
> the *spectrum* of meditative practices...

No, no, that would be *you* who needs to do the
research so you know what the hell you're talking
about and can explain to us the answers to the
questions I asked.

> I can't do it for you Judy.

Oh, sure you can, Vaj.  You know how to use Google.

> >  That's not in any way to imply that dualistic states of
> >> meditation are *bad* or *lesser* than other forms of meditation.
> >> Instead they should be understood as a continuum naturally
> > occurring
> >> in meditative praxis. However, it should not be missed that *one
> > is
> >> much faster than the other!*

> >> It's not a *requirement*, merely one possible, measurable
> >> signature...that's all.
> >
> > OK, that's not what you said, however.  I guess you
> > just miswrote.
>
> LOL. No, it just a refinement of what I previously hinted at. You
> missed it.

No, no.  Look at what you wrote that I was commenting on.
You just got your syntax a bit tangled up, as you so
often do.

> If you don't "get this", that's fine. It's probably just an
> artifact of your paradigm.

What paradigm would that be, Vaj, the English language?

 Not unusual for people who are indoctrinated in
> *any* school of thought (or belief).

LOL!!

> That's why yogis who practice the path of Unity Consciousness
> emphatically say "don't get caught in a "school"".

I bet they also don't have any trouble answering
questions, either.