> The idea that it's hard or "impossible to bootstrap new technologies
> into large scale production" IMO is a lie. It's a lie perpetutated by
> corporatism--and of course inspired by energy corps and their Czars.
> In WW II when Germany was landloacked from oil resources they
> completely turned over their economy and developed a "car of the
> people", the "Volkswagen" and it ran on indigenous fuels. The
> original diesel engine was designed to run on peanut oil. Let's face
> it, the corporations that run our government have made sure these
> technologies never make it to the market.

And which technologies are these? And which corporations? Haliburton
undoubtably is in there. And these technologies can ONLY be developed
by large corps that are "running the govt" and not small companies --
where most innovations / patents, comes from, venture capital is
deployed, or start-ups from large corp  runaways, etc?

> A grassroots economy handed
> over to non-factory farmers

Most new sectors are created by innovators and entrepreneurs, not
"handed over' by anyone.

> and rendering energy policy back to the
> people

One good election could do wonders, though from Carter to Clinton,
they have miffed huge opportunities in energy policy

>is totally untenable to our current political situation. A
> government OF the people and BY the people? Get real.

Vote for the 15 points: IRV, no jerrymandering, public funding of pres
and congress, flat tax, etc and the people will begin to re-own the
gov't. Otherwise, jefferson's expectation a revolution (new
consitution, new govt) every 20-50 years, may become even riper.

> Instead the solution has been more covert: develop genetically
> engineered strains of food which will be the only foods sustainable
> in the new climate. It's the only thing farmers will be able to use.

Hardly a believable premise as an absolute ("the only"). Which
corporations specifically doing this? Is it disclosed in their
quarterly 10-Q's -- in which public companies are required to disclose
all relevant information regarding their financial positions and
prospects.

> Create overt aviation fuel programs which render contrails and
> atmospheric, high altitude haze over large areas of the planet to
> help shunt some solar radiation back out into space.

Wow. This is happening? And escaped the notice of most climate scientists?

> This technology
> and it's usage is already being quietly taught to our children in the
> public school system.

Um, in which course is that?

> But the real danger is in what we don't know.

Or perhaps for some, a greater danger is in the bogus things they
think they know.

> As many mystical
> traditions attest, there is a bioenergetic component to all sentient
> life which has escaped the measurements of the priests scientific
> materialism. It's called prana. When an early prana scientist,
> Wilhelm Reich, sent his research to the Feds, he had his books burned
> and he was thrown into prison (where he died).

Not the version I remember.

>Never mind the motor
> which ran on free "orgone" energy (as he termed it) which disappeared
> at the same time.

Free as in "water", for example. Water is free, hydro power is not.

And who besides Reich saw this machine?

> Never mind his research which showed
> desertification was linked to prana depletion.

Ok, I won't mind some reserch which is not detailed as to its
credibility and worth.

> Don't even speak of
> his research on human beings, it's probably still illegal to use the
> devices he created.

OK. Mums the word.

> Fortunately his remaining works were sealed at Harvard till 50 years
> after his death.

And what? The Tri-Lateral commission won't let it be opened? Even
though it will save the earth?

> 2008 marks the end of that 50 years and from what
> I've seen, it's some pretty remarkable research...

So what other scientists share that view? Why nothing of note yet in
the science press? Or if I missed it, what are the cites in quality
science publications?