--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/05/business/05coalfuel.html
>
> "The coal in the ground in Illinois alone has more energy than all the
> oil in Saudi Arabia. The technology to turn that coal into fuel for
> cars, homes and factories is proven. And at current prices, that
> process could be at the vanguard of a big, new industry."

It's interesting to see that this is being taken seriously by the commercial
sector. It will
increase pollution most likely, but at least it give us some options. My guess
is that when
push comes to shovel and there is a choice between compromising the american
life style
and compromising the atmosphere, our current government will choose to maintain
our
wasteful life style.