> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > On Jul 14, 2006, at 7:10 PM, off_world_beings wrote:
> >
> > > Pity no-one is intersted in it.
> >
> > No, just about 20 million initiates of his

How many of these are still practicing regularly?

> > and the Nobel prize committee...
>
> Henry Kissinger once won a Nobel Peace Prize. GW was once
> nominated. It's nice for people who like that kind of thing, but it
> really doesn't mean much. MMY was probably nominated
> once also. You just need a head of state or former prize winner to
> make the nomination.

Gosh, I guess Vaj didn't know that, huh?  I mean,
he'd never mention it as if it were a big deal
knowing that it wasn't, would he?

>From Wikipedia, the following may nominate
someone for a Nobel Peace Prize:

Members of national assemblies and governments of states
Members of international courts
University rectors
Professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology
Directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
Board members of organisations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace
Prize
Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee
Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute
Similar requirements are in place for the other prizes.

Wikipedia also notes:

"Unlike many other awards, the Nobel Prize nominees are never
publicly announced, and they are not supposed to be told that they
were ever considered for the prize. These records are sealed for 50
years."