I do not enter the suspicion of a conspiracy theory lightly, but
whilst trying to contact one of the women I found my email to her
being answered by someone already known for their involvement in
trying to bring about the public ridicule of another prominent Indian.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
> than say, if SS were written by strangers, or worse, the top 10
> posters on FFL.  And SS collaborated explicit things I had heard 25
> years earlier. Thus, SS files was perhaps more credible for me than
> for you.
>
> > Now to assume MMY's 'guilt' on the basis of third-hand material
> > is very faulty.
>
> Its odd, to me, how people wrap "extra stuff" around more simple
> events. "Guilt" ? I know you use the term loosely, but there is no
i)
> legal, and most would argue no ii) moral crime here. It may be an
iii)
> ethical abuse (younger women) but I don't buy that. Jennifer was,
> based on her attendance at my TTC the year before, and appearances,
> probably 23-24 at the time of her "reading mail" to MMY. (Though she
> was was probably not mistaken as 'the chosen one' as Tom apparently
> thought he was).
>
> And she, while graceful and refined, IMO, is not someone I would
have
> termed as sheltered or naive. Demure perhaps. Adults do things, are
> responsible for their choices -- even if they regret them later,
and
> are ill-effected by them.
>
> Perhaps it was  iv) an abuse of power -- teacher / student -- I have
> argued that in the past -- but have recanted some. When pants are
> down, or dhotis and dresses on the floor, power dynamics may
diminish
>  -- or reverse, wobble, and occilate -- who has power over whom when
> nakedness befalls?
>
> So who (what crazy bastards :) ) is "assuming guilt" when, at least
> IMO, guilt is a non-issue? A more corect rendering of your sentence
> would be, IMO,  " Now to assume the truth of the allegations on the
> basis of third-hand material is very faulty. "
>
> Well, even then, there is a case being made by SS, see my comments
> above on credible sources. But more importantly, even with credible
> sources, i don't have terribly strong opinions that the stories are
> true or not. I look at it, as many of the uncertainties in life,
> probabilistically.
>
> Much more importantly, i don't have strong reactions one way or
> another if SS is true or not. To me, the impact of the stories being
> true is not large for me. I figure a yogi knows something more than
me
> about energy flows. And its his business. And even if not, i don't
> walk out on other teachers and mentors because they banged a 24-yr
old
> attractive blonde. For some, I actually silently applaud.
>
> > So for me the problem I have with the 'Sexy Sadie' file is not
about
> > whether it has been published, just that it does not 'scan' well.
>
> Thats not a universal problem, thats a problem you have with them.
>
> > In
> > fact many years ago I had the same feeling about Erik Von
Daniken's