There has been some debate as to whether or not the teaching of TM in
India is the same as elsewhere.
During a documentary made at Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's ashram in
Rishikesh in India in 1968 whilst The Beatles were there, filmmaker
Yavar Abbas asks, amongst other things, why there are less Indians
than westerners on the ashram. MMY tells him that for these three
months 'we do not have any Indian trainees':-

'When I train Indians, then I train ONLY Indians, because to spread
Transcendental Meditation in India, it has to have the background of
yoga, & vedanta, & bhakti, & karma & Gita, & Koran & Bible. In the
west we have to be on the level of systematic, scientific
investigation, experimentation, so the whole language, the whole
approach for relieving the society in the west is different, even
though basically the thing is the same.'