Even though the terms Transcendental Meditation & TM had not been
coined, in 'Thirty Years Around the World' it states catagorically
that before the yagna performed in October 1955, 'Throughout Kerala
Maharishi was instructing the people in Transcendental Meditation'.
In 'Beacon Light of the Himalayas' (an allusion to Guru Dev) Bal
Brhmachari Mahsh (as he signed himself some weeks later) tells the
audience:-

'When he devotes himself and meditates on the name and form (NAMA AND
RUPA) of the LORD, he begins to experience some ANANDAM and also the
Grace of the Lord in every walk of life. This experience of Peace and
Anandam is Sadhana. And Sadhana naturally increases his devotion to
God and makes him more and more attached to Him. Thus he develops
intensity of Raga for the ISHTAM. Gradually, this final Raga goes on
increasing and this increase of Raga and Love for the ISHTAM enables
the Grihastha to feel the presence of his 'ISHTAM' always with him,
in all his ways of life, in all his thought, speech and action.'

<premanandpaul@>
> wrote:
> > >

> > > In 'Meditation: easy system propounded by Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi'