> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Why is john Hagelin a coward???
> > What is he afraid of???
> >
> > ...that I AM NOT AFRAID OF???!!!
> >
> > Why is john Hagelin a coward???
> > What is he afraid of???
> >
> > ...answer this
>
> Ah, a perfect opportunity to re-emerge after my shorter-
> than-expected vacation.
>
> It's been fascinating being away from the fray, traveling
> about and being around normal people most of the time. :-)
>
> On returning from my Road Trip, I spent about an hour
> "catching up," and I thank those who encouraged me to stick
> around. I've decided to take you up on the offer, at least
> for a little while, and with some self-imposed restrictions.
> I plan to spend a maximum of 20 minutes a day :-) reading
> FFL, and then to do so very, very selectively, reading only
> what catches my eye, and avoiding those posters whom time
> has proven a waste of time. If I post, it will be as an
> exercise in writing, not as a prelude to or an invitation
> to argue.
>
> One of the spiritual teachers I worked with used to say,
> "Writers write because they're trying to figure things out."
> For the record, that's all I'm doing...trying to figure
> things out. These raps are not my idea of What Is True,
> and I'm not trying to sell the ideas in them to anyone
> or convince anyone that they're "true" or "right."
>
> I post the comments as what they are, Just My Opinion. I
> will not respond to any comments others make about them,
> and to be honest can't even promise to read the followups,
> if there are any. Unlike many of the people here, I don't
> really feel any need to defend my opinions as anything other
> than what they are -- just my opinions, made at a particular
> point in time, possibly changing at another point in time.
> If others want to comment on them, that's their business.
> The posts themselves are the only comments I have to offer.
>
> Here's the first of them:

> Reading some of the FFL posts from the last month, pretty
> much at random, I came across a few (both the opinions of
> FFL "regulars" and quotes from others in the TMO) that
> suggest to me that TM has degenerated into a path in
> which the few lingering True Believers are acting out
> of a profound fear of CC.
>
> No, not Cosmic Consciousness. I'm talking about Cosmic
> Cooties.
>
> Over the decades, the TM faithful have been told, by
> Maharishi directly and by those he trained to parrot his
> words, that certain things in life contain Cosmic Cooties,
> and that to come in contact with these things is to chance
> getting the cooties on yourself.
>
> To doubt the infallible Truth of the TM dogma is definitely
> courting cooties. There can be no question of this -- all
> you have to do is watch and see what happens to those in
> the TMO who give expression to their doubts. They are
> [...]
Hi Barry, and welcome back! Hope you had a great vacation!

As a quiet exception to your remark above that everyone one a
spiritual path has doubts about it, I just want to mention that
despite having done TM for over 30 years, I have never doubted the
effectiveness of the technique.

Sure I don't associate with the TMO anymore, and have come to a more
balanced view of things regarding my spiritual outlook, but the
effectiveness of TM I have never doubted, nor my belief that it is
the most effective meditation technique available. To me, its sorta
like aspirin- cures a headache or heartache every time.