--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > This 1980s three-minute commercial for Isuzu, according
> > to PC World's Steve Bass, was made without special
> > effects or CGI.
> >
> > YouTube:
> > http://tinyurl.com/zlx7z
>
> Nice driving! Too bad the cars were so fugly.

I didn't even notice.  I don't have much of an eye
for cars qua cars.

It gave me a thrill similar to the one I get from
the chariot race in "Ben Hur" (although that's even
more impressive because the critters being driven
aren't machines).

> There's also the Rube Goldberg Honda commercial:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/leh5z
>
> I remember reading an article about that commercial when it
> first came out, and it was also not CGI. They just did take after
> take after take, for hours on end, and finally it worked perfectly,
> and the crew was stunned when it finally worked.

That is a work of art!

Such incredible creativity and skill involved in
both these commercials.  Too bad they can't be
harnessed for something more useful than selling
a product.