--- Alex Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > This 1980s three-minute commercial for Isuzu,
> according
> > to PC World's Steve Bass, was made without special
> > effects or CGI.
> >
> > YouTube:
> > http://tinyurl.com/zlx7z
>
> Nice driving! Too bad the cars were so fugly.
>
> There's also the Rube Goldberg Honda commercial:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/leh5z
>
> I remember reading an article about that commercial
> when it first came
> out, and it was also not CGI. They just did take
> after take after
> take, for hours on end, and finally it worked
> perfectly, and the crew
> was stunned when it finally worked.

Having worked in TV production for many years in my
first career, I doubt such a complex sequence would be
left to chance and shot over and over again until it
came out right. It would cost way too much because of
the time involved. A producer would say ,"NO WAY" to
the expense. I believe the production story is just a
fun, false story.