> In a message dated 9/8/06 11:45:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> That's a  right-wing myth, actually, promoted in a book
> by right-winger Bernard  Goldberg after he got fired
> from CBS. It's been busted six ways to Sunday.  For
> example, see:
>

> No Judy , it was not a myth. I witnessed it almost every night as I
was an
> avid news watcher. Every time I heard those comments I wondered to
myself "how
> do they get away with that?" along with the smirks and roll of the
eyes and
> other body language that was used. This was long before people
started to call
>  attention to it. Long before the was a Rush Limbaugh or
conservative talk
> radio. Not only did I notice the obvious bias but my family and
friends did as
> well because we often would comment to one another  about it.

Unfortunately, what you "notice" from your right-wing
perspective doesn't count as evidence.  There isn't
anything to call attention *to*.  When folks have
actually researched this myth using Lexis/Nexis
transcripts, it's been found to be false.

It's hard to do a search for, but I'll keep trying.

Smirks and eye-rolling, BTW, does happen on Fox, but
not on respectable news outlets.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: