> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:

> you
> > > place, in
> > >  > general, the major media? ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, The largest
news
> > >  papers and
> Newsweek,
> > > Time etc. I take
> comments
> > > above
> what
> > > you are  saying ,
> > unless
> > > they are
> > >
> > > I'm not going to dignify that with a  response.
> >
> > P.S.: I will point out, however, that your nitwit
> > comment  was made *in lieu of* addressing my examples
> > of right-wing mainstream media  bias.
> >
> > Ah, so I am right. In order for you to consider the media liberal
> they  would
> > actually have to be what most people consider far left wing.
>
> Well, no, and how you could get that from what I
> wrote, I can't imagine.
>
>  No, I don't
> > think the media is far left wing but does have a general slant to
> the left that
> > they try to keep subtle so as to not openly appear biased thus
> ruining their
> > credablility.
>
> Translation: if the media leans to the left, it's
> because it's left-wing.
>
> But if it leans to the right...it's because it's
> left-wing.
>
>  As for ABC's decisions about who got previews of the mini series
> >  and who didn't, I can't say, but one example of showing a little
> favoritism
> > to  one side, if in fact it happened,( some how the Clinton
> administration got
> >  previews or they wouldn't be complaining)
>
> No, the Clinton folks didn't get copies, lefty
> bloggers didn't get copies, Democrats didn't
> get copies.  It's not impossible somebody sent
> Clinton's people one under the table, but there's
> been enough reported--including verbatim dialogue--
> about what goes on in the film that they didn't
> have to see it to know there was plenty to
> complain about.
>
>  ,doesn't correct decades of
> > showing  favoritism to the other.
>
> That's a right-wing myth.  It was started deliberately.
> There was never any truth to it.
>
>  CBS I'm sure, made a business decision. They were
> > about  to offend an entire nation, one that had
> voted Ronald Reagan, America's most popular president

A bit of follow-up on this.  First, as I
documented, "the entire nation" never voted Ronald
Reagan America's most popular president.  CBS
pulled the movie because a bunch of vocal right-
wingers complained.  They were the people CBS
didn't want to offend, not "the entire nation."

Second, two more fascinating inaccuracies in the
film:

Remember your story about the Times revealing that
the government had Osama bin Laden's cell phone
number, and that he had never made any calls on
that phone after the Times came out with the story?

That was completely false, as I documented in
response.

Well, that *same* right-wing lie turns up in "The
Path to 9/11," except it claims the Washington Post
rather than the Times broke the story.  Neither, of
course, was the case.

And then the first scenes in the movie show Mohammed
Atta getting his tickets for the American Airlines
flight at Logan Airport, an alarm coming up on the
ticket agent's computer, and a supervisor telling
the agent that they could skeip searching him,
despite the alarm, and just hold his baggage till he
got on the plane.

The scene is designed to convey the impression that
American Airlines fell down on the job by skipping
a mandated search.

Except that (a) the alarm incident didn't happen at
Logan, it happened at the airport in Maine where
Atta caught his flight to Logan (b) on a completely
different airline; and (c), the alarm that came up
did not mandate a search, but only that his luggage
be held till he boarded, so the agents followed the
correct procedure.

Wonder if American Airlines will have any more luck
than Clinton's people in making ABC fix the errors.