(mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)
> ,  MDixon6569@,  MDi
> >

> > In a message dated 9/8/06  11:45:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > jstein@ writes:
> >
> > That's a right-wing myth, actually, promoted in a book
> > by  right-winger Bernard Goldberg after he got fired
> > from CBS. It's been  busted six ways to Sunday. For
> > example, see:
> >

> > No Judy , it was not a myth. I witnessed it almost every night as
> was an
> > avid news watcher. Every time I heard those comments I  wondered
> myself "how
> > do they get away with that?" along with  the smirks and roll of
the
> eyes and
> > other body language that was  used. This was long before people
> started to call
> > attention to  it. Long before the was a Rush Limbaugh or
> conservative talk
> >  radio. Not only did I notice the obvious bias but my family and
> friends  did as
> > well because we often would comment to one another about  it.
>
> Unfortunately, what you "notice" from your  right-wing
> perspective doesn't count as evidence. There isn't
> anything  to call attention *to*. When folks have
> actually researched this myth using  Lexis/Nexis
> transcripts, it's been found to be false.
>
> It's hard to  do a search for, but I'll keep trying.
>
> Smirks and eye-rolling, BTW,  does happen on Fox, but
> not on respectable news  outlets.
>
> Judy don't waist your time doing google searches because most of
the most
> blatant comments showing favoritism such as the comments I made
started back in
> the 70's and went up through the early 90's prior to the public
having as
> many  PC's as is common now. While you can google a transcript
you'll never pull
> up a  smirk, or a roll of the eyes.

Um, I wasn't proposing to do that.

But if you'll assure me that the "blatant
comments showing favoritism" happened only prior
to the Web, that'll relieve me of the need to
search for the various research efforts showing
that there weren't any afterwards.

 Only the major networks are going to have
> the  tapes of their nightly broadcasts and surely you wouldn't
expect them to
>  document their own bias, now would you? Just because you can't
google
> something  doesn't mean it didn't exist. Why not meet some
conservative people that
> were  conservative during that time period and old enough to
remember watching
> the  media then and get their opinions?

Because my experience has been that "conservative
opinions" are rarely grounded in fact.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: