<snip>
> > The public airwaves are obligated to present
> > both sides of a story, Shemp.
>
> Well, not in a comercially sponsored drama, they aren't.

(And note that "obligated" doesn't mean "required.")

It wasn't even a drama, it was a "docudrama" (which
most people will confuse with "documentary"), which
it claimed was based on the 9/11 commission report,
when in fact what it portrayed *contradicted* the
9/11 commission report in many instances.

ABC had the nerve to follow its "disclaimer" (which
actually gave the impression of *validating* the
film's inaccuracies) with a quote from the 9/11
commission report in which the commission stated it
had not sought to assign blame for 9/11, as if that
applied to the film as well.

(To be fair, in the second half, it did present
some of Bush's failures, but the very strong overall
impression was that Clinton was primarily
responsible.)

 The thing is, I suspect that ABC
> stepped over the line by  sponsoring the entire 5 hours all by
themselves. That makes it
> their own political commentary, I believe. Will be interesting to
see if someone brings a
> lawsuit along those lines.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional