On Sep 17, 2006, at 8:19 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

> What you're seeing in the Arab world, in my opinion,
> is not *just* religious fundamentalism, but a sense of
> rage at having been treated like the niggers of the
> world for almost seven hundred years. They WON back
> then, and they've been being treated like ignoramuses
> by the losers ever since. They're understandably a
> little pissed.

OTOH, Barry, as intelligent and thoughtful as most Arabs undoubtedly
are, they *have* allowed a small, corrupt cadre of uncaring individuals
with little or no conscience (with, admittedly, the aid and support of
just-as-corrupt US "leaders") to drain the huge oil  wealth and
resources for decades  for palaces, harems, etc for those select few,
when it should have gone towards making life better for everyone.

It would be interesting to speculate whether or not these corrupt
regimes would still be n power w/o US support--my guess is, many would.
  Apathy is not restricted to our shores.

Sal

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional