> On 9/23/06 11:02 AM, new.morning at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > If the TMO dropped SIMS rates to $400, perhaps tying it to FF course
> > application, soon they would be flooded once word got out, and
> > students "got it". Heck, just give free TM scholarships to all the
> > students who attended the Lynch lectures, and that could be the kernal
> > to start it all. A blazing bonfire of 2000+ SIMSers rushing to the
> > FREE course.
> >
> College kids these days aren¹t spiritual seeks, by and large.
They¹re on a
> career track and not many are going to rush off to spend 8 hours a day
> meditating.

i am quite surprised at your age-centrism Rick. In thinking about it
more, perhps you don't see the same 20ish kids I do. FF perhaps has
become a bit of a retirement community with few kids. But I see many
kids that are hardly career-zombies. Segments that are heavily into
fitness and/or piercings, goth-looks (fading some from 5-10 years
ago), marching in streets against IMF, WTO, etc. All signs of
"seekers", IMO.

Look at MYspace. Hardly an army of uniform career-zombies. Quite more
 diverse and interesting than the majority of students in the mid-60s
-- just before the dam broke.

And again, for thos who are strongly career-focussed --  being so is
quite compatible with exploring the world a bit in ones 20's.
Exploring, breaking boundaries, doing the unvonventional can often be
a huge plus in ones later career. Both in initial job interviews --
something that sets them apart-- and later on -- the qualites of
shakti and/or creative intelligence blossoming.

And as far as "the spark". Getting today's kids attention. "hopping on
your ass or 8 hours in a cornfield in Iowa" is not going to get their
attention. But get a core of students who do the program among
1000-1500 and word will spread. I am not talking ME. That may or may
not have much validity. But everyone who haws been on a big course
knows there is "big juice". Something strong happening. If and when
todays students get a whiff of that -- AND ITS FREE -- they will react
as you and I and 1000's of others did in the early 70s.

And today's and tomorrow's careers are hardly what they were 20-30
years ago. They are more fluid, flexibily, sliceable, morphable, etc.
Much more compatible with a periodic YF that they were in the 70's.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: