(Snip)
"Oh yeah? You live in Israel?

> You *were*, in fact, reacting in "self" defense.
>
> You live nowhere near Israel. If it were nuked
> off the face of the earth tomorrow nothing would
> happen to you. Your fears are completely without
> basis.
>
> But you've chosen to *embrace* and *cling to*
> those fears, to elevate them in your mind as if
> they were noble. You've chosen to identify your
> self with a group of equally non-existent selves
> that you call "Jews," and to feel afraid any time
> any of them feels afraid.
>
> If that's the way you want to live, fine, but I
> think it's pretty sad.

I didn't say that I live in Israel;
The deal is I was taking a bus from Seattle, back to Madison,
Wisconsin, where I live now;
And I met a Jewish fellow, and he happened to be a Viet Nam vet;
And was from San Franscisco, and was just traveling around...
So, he was saying, that he couldn't say those things in San
Franscisco, about Nuking Iraq, because it was too liberal there.
And this guy had a strong view, that if it was up to him, he would
push the button in a second;
In the meantime, a group of people had gathered at this bus station,
In Billings, Montana, to discuss these issues; and it was an
interesing discussion, had by all...
Anyway, I think part of it is a genetic connection I feel;
When my tribe, is scared to death- because rockets are falling from
the sky;
And because my father fought and killed Nazis in the war;
And witnessed the aftermath of the holocaust...
So,
It's sort of in my blood.
As far as  dogma, dogma sucks, I agree..
But as far as trashing Maharishi or his movement;
That just isn't my cup of tea, sorry...
But I won't hold it against you;
Your just a member of the 'Crow Tribe', I reacon
You can't help it- you live to mock and mock to live..
I understand completely...
R.G.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional