bob_brigante wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>bob_brigante wrote:

>:

>with

>can

>>>world

>convince

>Fairfield.

>disappointed -

>>>average

>>>****************
>>>
>>>The pundits know a specific body of knowledge which is not taught

>>>Americans when they learn TM, namely how to recite  Vedic hymns in
>>>order to produce a desired influence in the environment, which is
>>>certainly not what the average Hindu knows, not any more than the
>>>average Hindu knows the skillset of a programmer in Bangalore.
>>>

>>But this can and has been be learned by Americans.  Why not teach
>>

>this
>

>>to  Americans.... for free?
>>

>***********
>
>If Americans were qualified to be Vedic pundits, they would have been
>born in India. Circumstances of birth are not random or democratic --
>they reflect one's activities in past lives and one's current level
>of awareness.

I don't buy that at all.  I know of two twin American girls who became
quite fluent in vedic chanting.  They amazed Indian pundits.

>On a more ordinary level of understanding, I learned in pursuing my
>Master's in Applied Linguistics that people who learn a new language
>after about the age of 15 never pronounce the new language as
>fluently as a learner who acquires language earlier in life. So it's
>not really possible to make Vedic pundits anywhere you like, even if
>you are ignorant about occupation based on karmic circumstances.

I didn't find chanting Sanskrit all that difficult.  After all you have
a much less ambiguous alphabet to work with than with western alphabets.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: