> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" jflanegi@ wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, when I would have a higher states experience in the past,
> > it would be like the shift of a tectonic plate within; one moment
> > I'm...here, and the next I'm...there, with no clarity around how
> > I got to 'there' from 'here'. So it could've been I was hypnotized
> > or externally influenced somehow. And 'I' felt different; not quite
> > myself.
> >
> > My experience now, with whatever I am moving from or to, is that
> > the experience is wholly mine and I can review the transition in
> > time, so that wherever I might go, be it transcending, asleep,
> > champagne high, emotional envelopment, etc. there is no longer
> > the "wha' happened?!?!?" accompaniment; I am always where I am.
> >
> > This is a different experience I think that the trance state you
> > are describing, because there is no loss of me at any time. While
> > my subjective experience may change and possibly drastically, I
> > am always tracking, big or small, high or low, light or dark,
> > its always just me.
>
> Nice.
>
> This is a sort of non-sequitur, but what you said
> reminds me of a time in the Rama trip when we were
> studying dream yoga. There was a lot of work on
> becoming lucid ("waking up" in the dream and being
> able to control what happens in it), and after a
> while you got good at it, so that you no longer had
> to do anything to will lucidity; it just happened.
>
> And then I noticed that the lucidity was "bleeding
> over" into the waking state. I'd lay down to go to
> sleep and there was no longer any period of non-
> awareness. I'd just slip seamlessly from being lucid
> in the waking state to lucid in the dreaming state.
> I don't experience this that much these days, but
> it sure was fun at the time. As you said, waking
> or dreaming, it was always just me.

Turq,
   I used to (and occassionally still do)  be  able to go from waking to
awake
and out of the body with no break in awareness.  To confirm this, my
wife and I used to
project together and then compare experience. She did have a tendency to
get distracted
by the local pizza parlors though... :-)  It is quite an eye-opener...

JohnY

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: