> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > I have a friend who liked some of Wagner's orchestral
> > music, like the "Ride of the Valkyries," but found
> > the operas themselves noisy and boring.  I talked him
> > into getting a video of "Die Walkure" that had subtitles,
> > and he just about flipped.  He had had no idea of the
> > psychological, emotional, and spiritual depth that
> > was behind all that music he'd found so noisy and
> > boring.
> >
> > (Not in any way comparing the quality of the music *or*
> > the lyrics in my exchanges with Barry to Wagner's
> > magnificent operas, just massaging the metaphor a bit.)
> >
> Point taken. However I *did* read what you two had to say to each
> other for many many months- all of it- and aside from me agreeing
> with you that Barry has specific deficiencies or me agreeing with
> Barry that you do, I'd rather just let the music continue and see
> where it goes.

Here's what you said to start with that I was
commenting on:

> > I don't bother with the specific points and
> > justifications, because as far as I can
> > tell, there aren't any.

Seems a little different from what you're saying
above.

Just as an aside, I continue to be flabbergasted
that dishonesty and hypocrisy aren't at the top
of folks' lists of deficiencies, and that they
seem to tolerate them as easily as, say, the
deficiencies of being abrasive or of nit-picking.

> Its actually pretty fascinating from a karmic
> standpoint, considering that you've not met each
> other, at least not recently...

Must be nice to be able to take a karmic standpoint.
Not quite sure how that would work, actually, the
course of action being unfathomable, and all that.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: